Cynthia is a British-American artist and illustrator in Windsor with an international background in environmental planning. Her career focus has shifted from master plans of thousands of hectares, to the intimate scale of everyday life around her. ‘Windsor on My Wall’ is her new series of watercolours and drawings inspired by the people and places in her home town.
Cynthia has a BFA degree in painting and further degrees in environmental planning and design. Her art can be seen in group exhibitions in London, and in solo and group exhibitions in and around the Thames Valley. Cynthia’s art is in private collections in Britain and abroad. She is happy to discuss commissions for work large or small. Her work can be seen in her studio by prior arrangement.
In print and online
- Contributor in 'Make It an Inky October' by James Hobbs in November 2019 issue of The Artist magazine.
- Featured artist on 24 May 2019 in the Illustrated City series in the Guardian online with her illustrated article ’Pomp, circumstance and celebrity: People watching in Windsor'.
- Author/illustrator of the pen and ink chapter in Artist's Drawing Techniques published by DK (Dorling Kindersley, 2017).
- Four double-pages in Pen and Ink - Contemporary Artists, Timeless Techniques (pub. Frances Lincoln, 2016) by James Hobbs, freelance editor, author and artist based in London.
- Feature article 'Drawing at the Speed of Life' in Drawing magazine's special summer issue 'All about Sketchbooks' (pub. F W New York, 2016).
- Cover art for Landscape Architecture Theory - An Ecological Approach by Michael D Murphy (pub. Island Press, 2016).
- Cover art for Notes Relating to an Idea of Blue, a poetry collection by David HW Grubb (pub. Shearsman, 2011).
DRAW 13, the 92nd Annual Open Exhibition of the Society of Graphic Fine Art - The Drawing Society.
- Highly Commended Work in Colour
- Highly Commended Work on the Exhibition Theme
Group exhibition venues in London
Mall Galleries (summer 2020), Tower 42 lobby, Bankside Gallery, Barbican Library, RK Burt Gallery, Southwark Cathedral Refectory Gallery
Group exhibition venues outside London
Royal Birmingham Society of Artists, The Old Fire Station Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire Artweeks, Harvey Gallery Guildford
Solo exhibition venues
The Old Court artspace Windsor (autumn 2020), Windsor Fringe and Festival Artist's Open House (annually), The River & Rowing Museum Henley-on-Thames, The West Wing Slough, Ripley Arts Centre in Bromley, Kent.